Saturday 17 February 2007

Hi folks! Welcome to Ethical Cardmaker


Hi everyone! My name is Jehanine and I'm a vegan and an ethical cardmaker. I use only environmentally-friendly materials for cardmaking (e.g. found objects, other people's junk, recycled/reclaimed materials) and nothing with any animal ingredients (e.g. I use synthetic, non-animal glue). The Valentine's Card in the photo was made with simple co-ordinating layers of re-used paper and recycled card, with a broken Christmas decoration as embellishment. Although ecards are the most eco-friendly way to send a greeting, I can see no wrong in making something beautiful from junk and hand-delivering it to someone you care about. In fact as well as showing them that you care enough to take time and trouble to make something personal for them, it also spreads eco-awareness. I intend to share some of my techniques and tips with you, such as where to get materials and how to use them, and also to prove to non-ethical cardmakers that they really don't need to harm the world in order to make beautiful cards.

1 comment:

Neil said...

Hi, nice blog you have here. It sounds like an interesting idea, I hope it goes well for you :-)